2020 has arrived with the air of a pandemic. The new coronavirus plagues the world with wholesale infections, deaths and economic, social, educational, labor paralysis and despite the great efforts of the health sector, the virus has become huge. Gradually, cases have increased and SARS-CoV-2 is progressing rapidly. The world today exhibits alarming figures: 2 896 633 infected, 2020 846 deaths and, to the relief of many, 816 685 recovered. Today we will closely follow the statistics of the behavior of this pandemic in Colombia.
Covid 19 in Colombia
Since the beginning of March, the Colombian Ministry of Health announced the news of its first case of Covid 19. The National Institute of Health provides readers with data of interest for their information, especially on the main changes in favor of avoiding contagion of the coronavirus in Colombia. Find out about: What is the contagion speed of the coronavirus?
April 25 Colombia reported 5,142 confirmed cases with coronavirus, 1,067 reestablished and a dismal 233 declines by the same pandemic. For the country, as in the rest of the world, daily living has become key words such as: mask, isolation and protection. However, there is still much to do in terms of risk perception, because in some regions of the country, people who should not be oblivious to international events are not responsible for their own lives. The National Government collaborates with the indications, but they ignore it. Let’s see some numerical data:
Figures of contagion by coronavirus in Colombia:
Bogotá, Valle del Cauca and Antioquia with 2,152, 816 and 449 cases, respectively. The number of contagion in the other regions has behaved as follows: Bolívar (226), Cundinamarca (196), Meta (186), Risaralda (180), Atlántico (156), Magdalena (152), Nariño (92) , Huila (84), Santander (60), Quindío (55), Cesar (53), Norte de Caldas (53), Tolima (42), Santander (38), Amazonas (37), Bocaya (33), Cauca (25), Córdoba (23), Casanare (10), Chocó (10), San Andrés and Providencia (6), La Guajira (5), Caquetá (2) and Sucre with only one case. Here you can find out how to avoid contagion by coronavirus?
Measures taken by the National Government
The Mayor’s Office of Medellín exposes the biosafety protocols to achieve the physical distancing within the subway as a first measure against contagion. Try not to occupy more than 35% of the stipulated capacity. On Metrocable lines J, K, H and M, only 4 people will be transported by cable car, taking into account that the use of the nasobuco will be mandatory. In fact, the company that operates the subway within the city, warns that, in the event of crowds at its stations, they will restrict access to achieve such beneficial social distancing.
1. Regarding the return of nationals to Colombia, the following has been stipulated:
· The return of a group of Colombians who were on board a cruise ship.
· 93 people who settled in Chile were repatriated, as well as 163 from Panama. However, there are still 3 000 nationals detained in various countries around the world. 120 health professionals who are in Cuba to continue their studies, have not been able to return to their homeland, despite the suspension of teaching in this country. The doctors are waiting to authorize the president to return to his native Colombia.
2. The Mayor of Cartagena de Indias declared that manufacturing companies will not return to Cartagena April 27. With the wave of infections, it will not be a safe city to resume these businesses, however, the builder may start some activities with certain limitations.
3. “Colombia takes care of Colombia” It is the new initiative-measure that has reached more than 900 thousand people, for which 60 million kilograms of food have been used for the most deprived in the country.
4. The subsectors that will be able to return to their tasks next Monday will do so gradually, always taking as a premise avoiding crowds of people and social distancing to avoid contagion with the coronavirus in Colombia. These are: textile production, clothing manufacturing, wood product processing, chemical manufacturing, wood, metal, and leather product manufacturing.
Next, we paraphrase some of the statements made by the Colombian president.
Statements by President Iván Duque on the progress of the measures
I. According to the public order decree, each region can work together with its mayor.
II. The supply of nasobucos for construction workers is paid by their employers and in case of sanctions, they will be carried out locally.
III. There is a commitment to entrepreneurs, both large, medium and small. Relevant strategies have been created to the granting of bank loans. The state will guarantee up to 90% of the credit.
IV. Regarding the payment of unbanked income, it states that the end of April is the goal for delivering resources to unbanked citizens.
V. Remember the possibility that Colombian workers have to start teleworking.
SAW. Regarding the economic reactivation in Mosquera, he expressed that every day it is the people’s duty to reinvent themselves in their tasks. This municipality is at the forefront in health, thanks to humanitarian aid and projects such as: “Giant of heart.”
VII. The five fundamental areas of work in Colombia at the moment are:
1. Preserve life and health.
2. Increase the number of beds.
3. Open field hospitals.
4. Expand the public-private network.
5. Food safety.
VIII. President Duque ensures that the first part of the quarantine has already concluded, in which hard work has been carried out with the support of the relevant organizations and the people. For the second stage of the quarantine, work has been organized in such a way that lives continue to be saved, but also the jobs of Colombian citizens.
Education in Colombia in times of coronavirus
The infections by coronavirus in Colombia alert the authorities of the National Government about the need to avoid the agglomeration of students and, in provinces such as Bocayá, education does not stop, but a new modality has been adopted: virtual education. The Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies will deliver more than 3,060 computers as part of the project Computers for Education. These will include educational content offline, which will provide each child and adolescent to receive their classes without leaving their homes.
It may interest you: Differences between the coronavirus and the other flu.
- 10 Tips to look more beautiful without makeup
- Tips to avoid cavities and take care of your teeth
- Best diets to lose weight fast
- You need to look beautiful, here we show you how
- Helpful tips to prevent and eliminate stretch marks
- More efficient tricks to remove blemishes from the face
- Japanese masks to rejuvenate the face
- Goodbye to pimples and crow’s feet and spots just with this preparation
- Easy methods of how to dye your hair naturally.
- Try it, wash your hair with coca cola and you will undoubtedly be surprised
Culture4 months ago
Belinda and Christian Nodal ended their relationship and delete their photos
Technology4 months ago
5 Technologies that you can enjoy in 2030
Beauty4 months ago
Eliminate wrinkles with this fantastic bicarbonate cream
Science4 months ago
7 Exciting curiosities of the male brain
Travels4 months ago
17 Most Dangerous Places in the World
Curiosity4 months ago
Natural oil to make hair longer, thicker and stronger
Health4 months ago
Oatmeal, banana and hazelnuts to lose weight
Unusual4 months ago
What happened to the pregnant elephant who ate fruit with explosives?