What if we weren’t alone?
The universe is one of the greatest mysteries that man has ever known. In the past, she was the muse of great scientists and poets.
With the passage of time, more and more modern devices have emerged. Sophisticated work instruments that allow us to know the cosmos and its enigmas.
Get motivated and discover endless novelties of the last century with these incredible objects.
See all the details on how Xiaomi shows the potential of its 108 mpx camera with photography from space.
The 4 telescopes and radio telescopes most used by science
The telescope was created in 1590 by Juan Roget in order to reveal secrets that the naked eye had not been able to understand. It is true that long ago Galileo Galilei had directed his glasses to the sky, but his revolutionary work was hampered by the power of the church.
In its development to date, there are many models of this instrument that have been built in all kinds of dimensions and with many specificities.
1. Optical telescope
Its system is based on the collecting the processed light by the human eye. Its field of view is so wide that it allows photograph planets and heavenly bodies around him.
The operation of this instrument can be exercised from the ground, or from space.
There are 3 types of optical telescope:
- Refractors: Centered optical model that takes long-distance images using a set of lenses that refract light. This process causes parallel rays from a distant object to converge on the instrument.
The best known examples of this instrument are: the Galilean telescope, the Keplerian telescope and the achromatic refractors.
- Reflectors: This technological device to observe the cosmos uses Mirrors instead of glasses. Its most remembered models are: the Newtonian telescope, the Cassegrain and the Ritchey-Chrétien. Catadioptric telescope: This device is a mode of modern reflector telescope. It combines the qualities of lenses and mirrors. It was invented in the 1930s. Its most famous types were: the Schmidt lensless telescope, the Schmidt-Newton, and the Baker-Nunn camera.
2. Terrestrial radio telescope or radio telescope
In the vastness of space there are electromagnetic spectrum radiation that are not detectable by the human eye. The technological device in question consists of large disk antennas designed to reach these radio waves.
Fixed telescopes have a disk that cannot be rotated or moved. For this reason they get to acquire enormous dimensions.
One of its best known exponents is the Arecibo Radio Telescope, located in Puerto Rico.
These are the new methods to take advantage of solar energy
3. Infrared and ultraviolet telescopes
They must be located in space territory because very little ultraviolet energy passes through the atmosphere. These instruments scan much of the sky under infrared and ultraviolet light. This type of telescope has allowed us to see the birth of new stars.
Spitzer Space Telescope: Since objects that have some heat emit infrared energy, the place of this device is outside the atmosphere. Its location ensures that the detection of hot objects is more accurate.
GALEX Space Telescope: This particular telescope gave man an almost complete ultraviolet image of the sky. Thanks to its detector of ultraviolet light this instrument has made it possible to observe the birth of many stars.
4. X-ray and Gamma-ray telescopes
Located in space, these viewpoints allow you to record the gamma rays. Given this, these technological devices cannot be used on land. Thanks to this project, the human being has been able to see how a black hole is formed.
Chandra X-ray Observatory: This is a peculiar telescope, it reflects and focuses rays, but it needs small angles. The hot gas is the emitter of X-rays, allowing you to observe the gas in the galaxy.
The Fermi telescope: It is designed to understand gamma ray sources. It has the purpose of detailing a map of the same universe by means of these rays. This device needs to be in the atmosphere in order to operate.
Interest in observing the sky
What is heaven An infinity of questions populate the mind when it comes to what concerns this beautiful and enormous enigma.
The interest in the stars began since the human being began to settle in groups. In ancient times, man learned to use the sky to predict periods of abundance, good hunting, gathering and to prevent the approach of winter.
In all parts of the planet where human beings are known to have inhabited, traces of the study of the sky are seen. In all human cultures, possibly the oldest profession in the world is that of being an astronomer.
Do not leave it for later, these are the 5 best and most recommended wireless headphones
Little-known instruments of astronomy
Before development, man devised more rudimentary methods and artifacts for observing the cosmos. The great lovers of science bequeathed their discoveries to us through these precious objects.
Each of these utensils tells the story of great scientists who marveled at the enigma of all existence. Dare yourself. Cultivate yourself on the greatest mystery of all time by knowing these devices.
Today, a large number of these instruments are lost. The same can be found in museums and a very small part is in private collections.
Some of the most famous ancient instruments of astronomy are:
- The Mailhart Meridian Circle. It was used to measure the longitude that the stars reached when passing through the local meridian and thus know their exact position. It was created by F. Mouronval, Paris, acquired by the observatory in 1914.The Theodolite. For surveying purposes, it was created to measure angles. It was acquired by Don Ignacio Tarazona in 1907.The Kepler Sphere. Created by the scientist of the same name, it is a sphere that showed the position of each planet in the solar system. Thanks to the accuracy of the device, the planet Uranus was found.
- Dangers of spearfishing
- Digital work, increasingly in demand
- The 10 most famous magicians in history
- Wireless chargers with fast charging, the most recommended
- Karol G confesses that Shakira did not want to record with her
- Hygiene tips for the beauty salon
- Why can’t we see underwater?
- What is trading and how to make money with it?
- The contortionist’s disease
- Levitation and its mysteries
Culture8 months ago
Belinda and Christian Nodal ended their relationship and delete their photos
Culture8 months ago
The 10 most famous tiktokers in Spain
Culture8 months ago
The 10 most famous tiktokers in the world
Travels8 months ago
17 Most Dangerous Places in the World
Technology8 months ago
5 Technologies that you can enjoy in 2030
Beauty8 months ago
Eliminate wrinkles with this fantastic bicarbonate cream
Science8 months ago
7 Exciting curiosities of the male brain
Technology8 months ago
Learn very easily to calibrate the battery of your iPhone